United Road, one of the country’s largest vehicle logistics company’s, has been certified by the EPA as being the only “Green” vehicle logistics company as a member of the Smartway Transport Partnership (STP).
The STP is a collaborative voluntary program between the EPA and the logistic industry. The Partnership challenges companies shipping products and the truck and rail companies delivering these products, to improve the environmental performance of their logistic operations.
“United Road is responsible for delivering 2,000,000 vehicles every year,” said Mike Wysocki, CEO, United Road. “For our company the STP/EPA certification was validation of our proprietary technology and the capital committed to deliver vehicles on-time and damage free with the nations first green fleet of auto carriers.”
The goals of the Partnership are to reduce fuel consumption from trucks and rail delivering freight, lower operating costs, limiting emissions of carbon dioxide, NOx emissions and particulate matter that adversely affect air quality.
United Road’s innovative “Project Green Light” incorporates time saving paper-less processes like online vehicle inventory, GPS truck routing, load optimization and integrated voice and internet communications all in the palm of the drivers hand for better efficiency.
“We are very proud to have been approved by the EPA for this green certification,” said Wysocki, “It shows that our efforts are paying off and programs like Smartway can make a difference for everyone and we are glad to be a partner.”
The systems incorporated into the specially designed quickload vehicle transporters are also environmentally friendly. The energy efficient auxiliary power units that cool the truck cabs along with the electric power systems that allow vehicle loading and un-loading, without the need for engine idling, on average saves over 2 gallons of fuel per hour of operation.
Additionally, operating the youngest national auto carrier fleet equipped with automatic tire pressure systems and running synthetic lubricants throughout the engine and drivetrain combined with the use of B5 and B11 bio-diesel fuel all assist in optimizing overall fleet fuel economy.
- EMP Awarded Contracts for “miniHybrid” Thermal System Retrofits
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATES COGNITIVE SELF-STRUCTURING ANTENNA TECHNOLOGY
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES’ Develops New Mesh Communications Solution
- MTU at MINExpo: Showcasing Safety, Reliability
- MTU’s Series 8000 is best in class with 12,200 bhp
- EMP Collaborates with New Flyer Industries Inc. on Launch of “mini-Hybrid,” the Next Generation Thermal Cooling System for Transit Bus Market
- United Road Receives EPA Smartway Green Certification
- MTU Meets EPA Tier 4i Emissions with SCR Technology
- MTU Powers BL20GH Locomotives from Brookville Equipment (Pictures)
- 2007 MTU Legend Series Wins Big
- MTU Powers Deepwater National Security Cutter
- American Axle & Manufacturing Introduces New Exclusive 3.42 PowerDense® Gear Set Designed to Improve Fuel Economy – AAPEX Show Booth #1458