MTU is providing the engine power for a group of locomoties being built by Brookville Equipment Corporation out of Brookeville, PA. The locomotive’s will run with an MTU 12V4000R33 creating 2,250HP and carrying EPA Tier 2 Certification. This is the first locomotive of an order for Metro North that will be used for general switching services. You will notice this locomotive is sporting the hetritage colors of the New Haven, for service on the New Haven line we are guessing?
Stay Tuned. . . .
The MTU Legend Series did double-duty in 2007 and won big in its second season. The series, which was originally conceived as a unique billfishing “tournament-within-a-tournament” for MTU and Detroit Diesel powered sport fishing boats, doubled the number of high-profile billfishing tournaments involved, making the MTU Legend Series the year’s hot ticket.
“Our original vision was to create a contest to provide some additional fun and excitement for our customers while demonstrating our commitment to sport fishing,” said Steve Lawrence, Marine Sales Manager for MTU Detroit Diesel, Inc. “With 14 of the most popular billfishing tournaments on-tap, hundreds of participating boats, thousands of anglers and almost 1,500 billfish caught and released in just two years the Legend Series has become a huge success.
”The 2007 Legend Series was presented by MTU and eight of its authorized U.S. distributors. Fourteen individual tournaments were sponsored by MTU as part of the event, twice the number of 2006. The tournaments ranged along the East Coast and Gulf Coast of the United States, from New Jersey to Mississippi, with additional stops in the Bahamas, Bermuda and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
The Legend Series was open to any boat entered into one or more of those 14 tournaments, provided it was powered by MTU or Detroit Diesel engines. There was no additional cost to participate in the Legend Series, and entrants who accumulated the highest number of total points for their respective catches in these events also received Legend Series points. Points accumulated counted towards the grand prize, an all-expenses-paid sportfishing trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
The winner of that grand prize for the 2007 Legend Series was Captain Tim Hake and the crew of Fin-Ness a 58′ Gillikin powered by twin MTU Series 60s. Fin-Ness took the overall title with great fishing that led to a second place win in the White Marlin Open and a first place finish at the Mid Atlantic $500,000.
Additional sponsors for the 2007 Legend Series included Pelagic High Performance Offshore Gear, yacht design firm Applied Concepts Unleashed Inc., Guy Harvey Inc. and In the Bite Magazine. Charitable foundation partners included The Billfish Foundation and The Guy Harvey Research Institute.
For tournament information and more details on the MTU Legend Series, visit www.mtulegendseries.com.
- EMP Awarded Contracts for “miniHybrid” Thermal System Retrofits
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATES COGNITIVE SELF-STRUCTURING ANTENNA TECHNOLOGY
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES’ Develops New Mesh Communications Solution
- MTU at MINExpo: Showcasing Safety, Reliability
- MTU’s Series 8000 is best in class with 12,200 bhp
- EMP Collaborates with New Flyer Industries Inc. on Launch of “mini-Hybrid,” the Next Generation Thermal Cooling System for Transit Bus Market
- United Road Receives EPA Smartway Green Certification
- MTU Meets EPA Tier 4i Emissions with SCR Technology
- MTU Powers BL20GH Locomotives from Brookville Equipment (Pictures)
- 2007 MTU Legend Series Wins Big
- MTU Powers Deepwater National Security Cutter
- American Axle & Manufacturing Introduces New Exclusive 3.42 PowerDense® Gear Set Designed to Improve Fuel Economy – AAPEX Show Booth #1458