MTU DETROIT DIESEL SERIES 106 ENGINES FOR TRUCK AND LAV APPLICATIONS
MTU Detroit Diesel has unveiled its latest offering for the defense market, the Series 106 diesel engine family for trucks and light armored vehicles (LAV). These engines available in four- and six-cylinder in-line versions produce between 100-325 horsepower and are rated the lightest in their power class.
The Series 106 has already been proven in military applications. The engines come equipped with electronic engine management systems, direct injection, turbocharging and air-to-air charge air cooling. The engines have wet weights of only 917 lbs. for the 4R and 1,248 lbs. for the 6R. Both are compatible with diesel and jet fuel and have passed NATO 400-hour testing.
“These are commercial, off-the-shelf engines currently in high-volume serial production,” said Tedd Grulke, Director of Defense Sales. “MTU Detroit Diesel has a long-term perspective on the defense business, so we will be making this engine for some time to come.”
The Series 106 engine family will be manufactured both in the United States and Germany, and is currently being demonstrated in the Combat Tactical Vehicle Technology Demonstrator (CTVTD) at the Nevada Automotive Test Center.
No comments yet.
- EMP Awarded Contracts for “miniHybrid” Thermal System Retrofits
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATES COGNITIVE SELF-STRUCTURING ANTENNA TECHNOLOGY
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES’ Develops New Mesh Communications Solution
- MTU at MINExpo: Showcasing Safety, Reliability
- MTU’s Series 8000 is best in class with 12,200 bhp
- EMP Collaborates with New Flyer Industries Inc. on Launch of “mini-Hybrid,” the Next Generation Thermal Cooling System for Transit Bus Market
- United Road Receives EPA Smartway Green Certification
- MTU Meets EPA Tier 4i Emissions with SCR Technology
- MTU Powers BL20GH Locomotives from Brookville Equipment (Pictures)
- 2007 MTU Legend Series Wins Big
- MTU Powers Deepwater National Security Cutter
- American Axle & Manufacturing Introduces New Exclusive 3.42 PowerDense® Gear Set Designed to Improve Fuel Economy – AAPEX Show Booth #1458