MTU Detroit Diesel has introduced a new Series 900 PowerDriveUnit for the maintenance of way (MOW) market designed with maximum flexibility in mind. These integrated systems are engineered to provide power when you need it between 101- 275 hp, even under the harshest conditions of temperature, dust and workload. Combined with the company’s other offerings, customers now have access to power units covering the full range from 40-630 hp.
The heart of the new PowerDriveUnit is the proven Series 900 engine. Known for fuel efficient dependable power in other markets, MTU Detroit Diesel is now making this engine available to support maintenance of way operations.
“We are very happy to be able to provide these PowerDriveUnits for use in maintenance of way,” said Deanne Wise, Application Engineer for MTU Detroit Diesel. “We had strong input from this market and a demand for these units. The Series 900 engines have a reputation for reliability and performance, and we feel they will exceed the demands of this marketplace.”
The PowerDriveUnits are skid mounted and available in open or closed configurations depending on model option. The units come complete with radiator, air cleaner, muffler and optional control panels that make the units ready to connect directly to any on-site pump or power take off application.
Regardless of the application, MTU Detroit Diesel’s new PowerDriveUnits will deliver the performance, reliability, economy and durability that the job demands.
- EMP Awarded Contracts for “miniHybrid” Thermal System Retrofits
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATES COGNITIVE SELF-STRUCTURING ANTENNA TECHNOLOGY
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES’ Develops New Mesh Communications Solution
- MTU at MINExpo: Showcasing Safety, Reliability
- MTU’s Series 8000 is best in class with 12,200 bhp
- EMP Collaborates with New Flyer Industries Inc. on Launch of “mini-Hybrid,” the Next Generation Thermal Cooling System for Transit Bus Market
- United Road Receives EPA Smartway Green Certification
- MTU Meets EPA Tier 4i Emissions with SCR Technology
- MTU Powers BL20GH Locomotives from Brookville Equipment (Pictures)
- 2007 MTU Legend Series Wins Big
- MTU Powers Deepwater National Security Cutter
- American Axle & Manufacturing Introduces New Exclusive 3.42 PowerDense® Gear Set Designed to Improve Fuel Economy – AAPEX Show Booth #1458