MTU 70′ Sport fishing Test Boat Reaches 50 Knots
The joint project between MTU Detroit Diesel and Jarrett Bay Boatworks that was developed last year to showcase MTU’s revolutionary new way of designing pleasure craft propulsion systems is once again making waves. Known as QED, a mathematical term signifying “the solution has been proven,” this process has enabled the test boat to reach 50.2 knots in its most recent sea trials.
That is an unheard-of achievement for a 98,000 lb., 70 feet long, sportfishing boat. The key was to take advantage of the benefits of the new Series 16V 2000 M93 engine which was designed from the ground up as a marine engine. It is far lighter in weight, more compact and more fuel efficient than other engines in its power class.
MTU’s goal was to work to optimize the performance of these engines for their customers. The idea was to ensure that the entire propulsion system, from the reduction gear ratio and propeller design was complementary to the manufacturer’s hull design.Matching the power and performance of MTU’s 16V 2000 M93 marine engines and using the QED performance improvement process to customize the propulsion system created a sportfisherman that can outperform anything on the water in terms of speed, fuel efficiency and control.
No comments yet.
- EMP Awarded Contracts for “miniHybrid” Thermal System Retrofits
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATES COGNITIVE SELF-STRUCTURING ANTENNA TECHNOLOGY
- APPLIED MESH TECHNOLOGIES’ Develops New Mesh Communications Solution
- MTU at MINExpo: Showcasing Safety, Reliability
- MTU’s Series 8000 is best in class with 12,200 bhp
- EMP Collaborates with New Flyer Industries Inc. on Launch of “mini-Hybrid,” the Next Generation Thermal Cooling System for Transit Bus Market
- United Road Receives EPA Smartway Green Certification
- MTU Meets EPA Tier 4i Emissions with SCR Technology
- MTU Powers BL20GH Locomotives from Brookville Equipment (Pictures)
- 2007 MTU Legend Series Wins Big
- MTU Powers Deepwater National Security Cutter
- American Axle & Manufacturing Introduces New Exclusive 3.42 PowerDense® Gear Set Designed to Improve Fuel Economy – AAPEX Show Booth #1458